Veteran Hammerhead

Veteran Hammerhead

Lead

Apr 30 11 2:04 PM

Tags : :

Vielleicht schreckt euch das leere Forum ein wenig ab,
daher schreibe ich hier etwas rein, damit ihr seht, es
gibt noch andere deutschsprachige Leute hier

That's what I like about you, you think like a man...

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Sep 9 11 7:13 PM

Re: Vertrauen Sie mir - Ich wei, was ich tue...

So melde mich etwas spät, aber es gibt hier durchaus mehrere deutsche Sledge Hammer Fans im Forum, ich hab die Serie so geliebt früher, und kenne jede Folge auswendig, leider habe ich sie über die Jahre immer wieder vergessen da es nichts neues gibt und stoße erst jetzt auf das neue Forum, auf jedenfall Sledge Hammer ist Kult!

Quote    Reply   

Charley

Veteran Hammerhead

#2 [url]

Sep 12 11 2:47 PM

Re: Vertrauen Sie mir - Ich wei, was ich tue...

Ich kann die Serie auch auswendig mitsprechen!
Ist für mich ein Meilenstein in der Seriengeschichte!

Quote    Reply   

quickdrawmcgraw

Veteran Hammerhead

#4 [url]

Aug 9 12 9:24 PM

Re:

I can't be entirely certain that I've followed Julia's lessons completely, but ... and perhaps Julia will provide some guidance ... would:
"Können Sie"
be the correct word order for that phrase?

Trust me. I'm only a little crazy.

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Aug 11 12 11:08 PM

Re:

Quickdraw it translates: You can be sure Julia! It sounds like a good!

Quickdraw Ja das ist die richtige Phrasierung!

Piano Man Sledgehead

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

quickdrawmcgraw

Veteran Hammerhead

#6 [url]

Aug 11 12 11:45 PM

Re:

I can run Google, too. And I can also remember the last time you "translated" something, also using Google I suspect. And I know Google gets its grammar mixed up on a regular basis. Back to my original post, and awaiting Julia's comments ...

Quote    Reply   

quickdrawmcgraw

Veteran Hammerhead

#8 [url]

Aug 12 12 3:20 PM

Re:

Pia,
That's what I said four posts ago ... whoever said "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" obviously had not been flattered sufficiently. Or in Googlese German:

Das habe ich vor vier Pfosten sagte ... Wer sagte "Imitation die aufrichtigste Form der Schmeichelei ist," war offensichtlich nicht ausreichend geschmeichelt.

Quote    Reply   

Charley

Veteran Hammerhead

#9 [url]

Aug 14 12 9:15 AM

Re:

Didn't noticed somebody was posting in the German section of the forum

Now some German lessons for you two:

-> Sie können sicher, Julia
That sentence doesn't make much sense. It could be understand as "You really/surely can!", making sure somebody is without any doubt able to do something. But as Matt wanted to point out "You can be sure, Julia", he needs a form of "to be" in German, as he uses it in English. So the right translation would be "Da kannst du dir sicher sein".
The "Da" just means "In this point/with this".

Now to Quick. "Können Sie" would be the word order when you want to ask a question. Same as in English: "Can you?" -> "Können Sie?". Also, as you can compare to the first part of the lesson, I used "du" and "dir" instead of "Sie". "Sie" is the formal form you use when you don't know the person you are talking to. It's like adding "Mr. / Mrs." to the phrase in English. "Can you do that for me, Mr. XY?" points out a distance between the two people. While "Du" and "Dir" would be the more suiting form in here!

By the way: Google made a funny translation misstake again.
-> That's what I said four posts ago ...
Google translated it as "What I said four poles ago...". It didn't understand you meant "postings" and not "posts". Right would be "Das habe ich vor vier "Einträgen" / "Kommentaren" gesagt...".
Although we young computer freaks also speak of "postings" when talking about forum comments. We integrated that to our language like many other pc and chat things, too

Everything ok so far or more questions left?

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Aug 14 12 11:15 AM

Re:

Julia,

I just need to take a course in German and avoid Google translators! Thanks for your time and the proper translations!

Piano Man Sledgehead

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help