Remove this ad

quickdrawmcgraw

Veteran Hammerhead

#21 [url]

Jan 18 16 12:09 PM

It sounds like you had a good time and it's great that the event sold out. This is one more indication that there is still a devoted following and that an appropriately handled "re-energization" of the of the franchise would lily be met with enthusiasm ...

Trust me. I'm only a little crazy.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

kiyardo

Veteran Hammerhead

#24 [url]

Jan 18 16 7:05 PM

Thanks for the report Replicant. Here is one more from Sketchfest that he took. Looks like Quikcdraw posted the others.

Guns don't kill people! Bullets do.

Quote    Reply   

Replicant

Veteran Hammerhead

#25 [url]

Jan 18 16 10:47 PM

Sketchfest

52344b0bd5d74a5389b37d0055f45e40_r.jpg

The above photo was taken from Alan Spencer's facebook page, and it was taken by a fan at Sketchfest.

Sketchfest was really great.  Keep in mind that there was a professional video cameraman there who videotaped the entire event.  So Sketchfest may appear as extras on a future Sledge Hammer! release.  And there was also a professional photographer there who was taking pictures.  As well as the many people attending who were taking pictures with cell phones and cameras.

The question and answer session was well done.  Many of the answers were insightful, clever or humorous. 

After it ended, I was surprised to see David Rasche, Anne-Marie Martin, Harrison Page and Alan Spencer come out into the audience to talk to the fans.  They all mingled, posed for photos, signed their autographs and talked to the people there.  And the audience responded by mobbing them (including me).  What surprised me was Anne-Marie Martin.  I thought she was leery of mixing with fans, but there she was, being very friendly and accommodating.  Another surprise was I was waiting for a chance to talk to Anne-Marie Martin, and she was talking to a woman when Taylor Crichton and her husband walked up.  Anne-Marie Martin said to the woman, "Excuse me for a second - this is my daughter Taylor and her husband, and the woman was excited to hear that."  Taylor Crichton has a strong resemblance to her mother, and Taylor appeared to be having a good time.

Anne-Marie Martin also got together with David Rasche and they stood together so fans could take their picture.  I tried to take pictures, but all the fans blocked my view.  I did not want to be pushy, since I wanted all the people there to have a chance to meet the cast, so I limited my time to very brief encounters.  It's not fair when there are 20 fans near Anne-Marie Martin and she is there for a limited time, so I decided I would try to keep my encounters short - a minute or two.  I was trying to talk to David Rasche, but he was being mobbed.  I even had a hard time getting near Alan Spencer.  And of course, Harrison Page, as always, was very outgoing.

The event started at about 2pm and ended around 3:35PM, after which the cast stuck around for about a half an hour before they left.  As noted, the theater was sold out - every seat was taken.  And what would you expect when the cast of Sledge Hammer! is appearing?  Of course it will sell out, as long as it gets decent publicity, which it did.

I wondered if Julia from Germany was there, but I didn't see her.  Nor did I see anyone else I recognized.  I didn't know Taylor Crichton was there till Anne-Marie Martin mentioned it while talking with some fans.

Many people brought Sledge Hammer! DVDs and asked the cast to autograph them.  Some brought Sledge Hammer! comic books and asked for autographs.  Many asked the cast to pose with them in a picture, which they did. 

What struck me was what a fun event it was.  Everybody seemed to be having a good time.  There was lots of laughter.  The mood was festive. 

It's too bad Quick Draw and Kiyardo couldn't make it.  I almost didn't make it, but when I heard that the entire cast was coming, I asked my boss if I could take Sunday off, and surprisingly, he said sure.  He mentioned that he appreciated the long hours I was putting in, and that taking off one Sunday was a reasonable request.  So I bought a plane ticket and a ticket to Sketchfest about 1 week before the event.  And am I glad I went.  What an event!

Also, I did not see Matt Mattero there, nor did I expect to, but I wondered whether he just might jump on a plane to be there.  He didn't.

There were no unfavorable incidents - no jeers, or big mistakes, nor any uncivil behavior with fans being aggressive with the cast.  Which is good.

It was great to see the cast together again.  What really struck me was how young they all looked.  They are not too old to appear in a reunion movie.  Anne-Marie Martin looks like she is about 40 years old, David Rasche looks like he is perhaps 50 years old, and Harrison Page looks like he is perhaps 60. 

Probably fans will start posting their pictures of Sketchfest - perhaps by posting to Alan Spencer's facebook or twitter page.

I am still willing to hold another Sledgefest - assuming I have a job, which I think I can manage, but I'm not sure Alan Spencer and the cast would be willing to do it again.  Maybe they would.  I would be willing to accommodate them, as to where and when they wanted to hold it.  So I will let Kiyardo handle that matter with Alan Spencer, since he worked on Sledgefest.

Also, Sledge's gun did not appear at the event.  Which is understandable, given that San Francisco is strongly pro-gun control.

Another surprising thing was that all the cast appeared.  I wondered if Anne-Marie Martin and David Rasche would attend.  I don't know why they decided to attend.  Perhaps they felt it was time for a cast reunion.  Maybe the negative feelings from the failed German fan gathering had faded with time.  Perhaps Sledgefest made them realize that a fan gathering could be a success.

So now there is a period looking to see if the news media report the event, and a period to looking for pictures of the event.  And of course there is the key matter of 'Will Alan Spencer announce that he has a movie deal to produce a Sledge Hammer! movie?" 

The forums have gone through many exciting times, and also some sad times - with posters engaging in flame wars.  But overall, the forums have been friendly and good natured.

Sketchfest has been one of the most exciting things to revive the forums, and that excitement should last a while.

Last Edited By: Replicant Jan 19 16 7:30 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

Replicant

Veteran Hammerhead

#26 [url]

Jan 20 16 7:13 AM

Alan Spencer on Sketchfest

Alan Spencer posted this on his Facebook page: 

People keep asking me whether the “Sledge Hammer!” cast reunion was recorded. It was, so perhaps the event will be made available on a future DVD reissue. As far as some of the stories you’d missed, I’d talked about meeting Blake Edwards who professed to enjoy “Sledge Hammer!” When I’d mentioned how much his “Pink Panther” series was an influence on me, Mr. Edwards replied: “No shit.”

Now that's good news.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Replicant

Veteran Hammerhead

#28 [url]

Jan 24 16 10:55 AM

Sledge Hammer! cast reunites at Sketchfest

Good to see you back on the forums, Malicedoom.

Attached are photos Alan Spencer posted on Facebook and Twitter of the cast of Sledge Hammer! reuniting at Sketchfest. 

866094baf9974444880b69d784fd89fd_r.jpg

41b18f29996d49f4a66a3ff6d8237867_r.jpg

a6fbb6d309a5439c92b000b306affd97_r.jpg

54bfdaf5cf414c4194488c8ccd551b9e_r.jpg

Last Edited By: Replicant Jan 24 16 12:21 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

Replicant

Veteran Hammerhead

#30 [url]

Jan 24 16 9:23 PM

Hammer and Doreau at Sketchfest

Here's a photo posted on Taylor Crichton's twitter account of David Rasche and Anne-Marie Martin at Sketchfest.

c330480ea13c44c3b9c0e25ad59eb8d0_r.jpg

Quote    Reply   

bridgman

New Hammerhead

#31 [url]

Mar 11 16 12:44 PM

Aww man, I really need to check in here more often. Sounds like a fantastic event, and great to hear that it sold out.

Thanks for all the pictures & notes.

Interesting that Sledge Hammer pistol grips are available now, need to see if I can find some for my .44 Redhawk. No luck yet but I found these:

<a href=http://www.garrettcartridges.com/garrettnew/images/310hammerhead.jpg" alt="image">

Last Edited By: bridgman Mar 11 16 12:49 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

Replicant

Veteran Hammerhead

#32 [url]

Mar 12 16 9:55 AM

Sketchfest sold out

Bridgman,

Good to have you back and posting.  Sketchfest was fun, and it was recorded on video, so Hammerheads may get a chance to see it in the future.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help